::*.blog.this.*::

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Thursday, May 01, 2003

.family.time.

i went to my parents' office today to drop off this UPC code for the chair that they bought, courtesy of the biz. they've been trying to bribe me for a week now to go over there. my dad always says, 'comeon, mom will buy you lunch...' that's their round-about way of saying that they miss me. awww, how cute, i know. and whenever we part ways, my dad says 'take care, ok?'. translation: 'i love you'. we're not a very verbal family (as some of you may know), but you just have to read between the lines. my dad's funny though. always trying to bribe me to go home or visit them at the office. my whole life has been filled with bribes of food. like food will make me happy. but i suppose, where they come from, food does make one happy. especially when it's hard to come by, like it sometimes is in the motherland.

anyways, my brother was there too, fixing my dad's computer. so it was all about olympia fam time today. i guess the lightening from last night's storm ruined my dad's hard drive because he lost everything, and didn't back it up last night before he left. let that be a lesson to some of you. if there's a storm, back up your computer, or at least turn it off and unplug it.

i actually sat at the office and hung out for hours. i would never do that under normal conditions. however, this was an exception, since the 4 of us haven't been all together in a very long time. we were all catching up. is this what a family reunion is like? because that's how it felt. good times.

my brother said that he and his gf are getting a dog. they're going through some animal shelter and the dog they're supposed to get was just born a couple weeks ago. it's mom is a basset, but the dad (who the shelter did not know about) must have been a cocker spaniel(or something big like that), because the dog has a huge head. so either the dog will stay small with a huge head, or grow to be huge. i just hope it doesn't bite...

i had this paper cut today while i was at the office. so i asked my mom for a bandaid. she proceeds to get not only a bandaid, but an alcohol wipe, and some benedine (or whatever that medicine is). she takes the alcohol wipe out and almost kills me as she wipes my finger. i'm sorry, did i ask for this? i don't think so. it's an open wound, mom, don't do that! i know she's trying to be all clean and nurse-like, however, i was not ready for that kind of sting. hopefully this tiny wound will heal soon.

i also showed my parents my ugly bruise. they both responded with "that doctor didn't know what he was doing." well, no kidding. but at least my teeth don't hurt so much, and the only side effect is this ugly thing which will go away in a couple weeks. we can't have everything now can we??

tomorrow's my last day 'working from home'. how sad. i love working in chicago. i think it may be time to find another job. locally.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home