::*.blog.this.*::

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Wednesday, April 09, 2003

.insignificant.details.

i miss chicago. i know i'm only not there at the least 4 days out of the week, but i miss listening to my radio stations, driving my car, sleeping in my bed. i suppose i'm only feeling homesick because i'm listening to 101.9 over the internet. thank god they can streamline the eric and kathy show. makes me feel better at the start of my day. now if they can only do that for b96.

so the story from last friday is that we were delayed 2 hours on the plane, on the tarmac. not fun. i would have had more fun doing...well, nothing really. there were a billion other things i wanted to do friday night, but i only got to do about 500,000 of them.

so anyways, we finally take off, and it's a rough ride the entire flight because of the storms. we begin our descent, and of course that gets rockier. then we hit this smooth(er) patch. i'm reading my self magazine, minding my own business, sitting on the left-side-of-the-plane window seat, when all of a sudden there's this flash-explosion-boom right outside my window. i kid you not. everyone started looking outside my side of the plane, wondering what the hell was going on. i had turned my head since i was startled, then went back to my magazine, too scared to look back out the window for fear that the wing would be on fire or worse yet, gone. well, it took about 10 more seconds, and i looked back out and everything seemed to be ok. the woman next to me said in her english accent, 'well, i guess that must have been lightening...' she stopped reading her book and sat up straight, waiting to hear from the pilot or a flight attendant to get on the PA and tell us not to worry. however, it seems that AA did not want to calm our fears. no announcement, after the explosion, or even after we landed. amazing how some pilots don't give a crap about who they're flying around.

so needless to say, that flight freaked me out. i've always wondered how i would react if my plane ever got hit by lightening. and if this explosion was lightening, which i do believe it was, my reaction was quite normal. i think my mind went into shock and wouldn't let myself think about what could happen. i knew that if i did, i wouldn't be able to handle the rest of the landing. so i started talking to the woman next to me about her family in london and her job at the ritz. she has a very interesting, luxurious job. and she said that traveling doesn't faze her. her philosophy? 'how can i sell my product which includes travel, if i don't like to travel myself?'

so after this brush with death (ok, barely-there-brush-with-death) i wasn't really looking forward to traveling on monday. but i had to do it. and again, we were delayed because of the snow storms. only this time, as soon as i boarded the plane and took my seat, i fell alseep. woke up an hour later, only to realize that we hadn't moved from the gate! i woke up and felt lost because i didn't hear the pilot's announcement on why we were delayed and for how long. but we ended up taking off 20 minutes later. ugh. the joys of traveling.

after 5 straight dreary work days, it's finally sunny! woohoo!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home