::*.blog.this.*::

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Friday, March 07, 2003

.the.god.thing.

this week was pretty busy at work. it started out pretty bad, but got better as the week went on. first, i missed my flight tuesday morning. i knew something was wrong in my dream, because i felt like i had too much sleep. i really don't think my alarm went off (and archie tried to tell me not to blame electronics). i know there is a small chance that my arm reached over and shut it off without me remembering, but i don't think i sleep that deep anymore. anyways. i woke up at 6AM instead of 3:45AM. my flight was at 7:08AM. yeah. there was no way i was going to make it. so i freaked out, woke up archie, and said 'what do i do?'..then i took a deep breath, said sorry to archie for waking him up, picked up my laptop and cell phone, and called am ex travel to reschedule my flight. i ended up getting the last seat on the next flight at 9:56AM, which would get me into detroit at noon. it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but i did actually have work to do and catch up on. anyways, i get to detroit and take the bus over to hertz, and my reserved car had jacked up brakes. i was debating whether to ask for a pt cruiser or not (just to see what it's like), but i didn't and they gave me a mercury sable. big and reliable. i feel like lately, i've had horrible luck with traveling. i better not miss my flights for the time that i'm here. or else i won't be getting any kind of raise anytime soon. wait a second. i forgot, we're not getting any raises this year. even better.

had dinner with one of my high school friends last night. we went out to bahama breeze in livonia. good times. karen came with me and told her typical kk stories. it was nice seeing reneelyn again, after 2 months. dental school is treating that girl well.

since we're on the topic of dental work. i went to the oral surgeon on monday. i know everyone gets their wisdom teeth pulled, and when people tell me, i cringe for them. but no one ever gets into the 'dangers of getting your wisdom teeth pulled'. that's some scary shit right there. i didn't know there were a lot of things that could go wrong and so many ways the doctor can mess up. and now i'm scared shitless. doomsday is scheduled for friday, april 25th. i can't chicken out either because it just needs to get done. and people will do everything they need to do. and if i wait, who knows what will happen? the doc said i can get them pulled one at a time. but he recommended getting them all done at once, since the pain will only increase, at most, by 1/2, not by 4. so i'm just doing it all at once. and i'm getting knocked out. i don't want to hear any drilling or cutting open of my precious gums. and i really really hope i don't get dry socket. i'm at high risk for it (except for the smoking part), but hopefully it won't happen. god help me.

i know i have a ton more to talk about, but i'm at a loss right now. can't remember a damn thing.

what i'm giving up for lent: my road rage. maybe this will make me a better person. god help me on that one too. just breathe and sing a john mayer song.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home