::*.blog.this.*::

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Sunday, March 02, 2003

.random.

at lunch one day last week, my coworkers and i decided to get some thai food. it's supposedly one of the better thai restaurants in the area...however, it's the only one my coworkers have been to, in the past 5 months. anyways... we get seated, peruse over the huge menu and then give our order to the waitress. now in the past, i've ordered hot spicy pad se-eiw, and it wasn't spicy enough for me. yes, this was in rosemont, and not troy, but still. i was feeling brave that day and wanting to try something new. so i order the spicy. i got my food and 5 bites later, i was sitting there wondering if i'd have to go to the hospital because i couldn't feel my tongue. ok, so i could feel it. but all i could really feel was my mouth being engulfed in flames. lesson for that day? order the medium hot dish, and add that spicy red stuff in the tiny container on your table, if the dish isn't setting fires off in your mouth. oh, and one more lesson. look around the restaurant for signs that say "We are not responsible if your dish is too spicy or not spicy enough. Thank you, Management". i asked my friend if i could send the dish back and get a less spicy one. she said no, because there's this so called sign by the cashier. had i known about this sign, i would have ordered the mild.

in a related issue, if you go to an asian restaurant and you are asian and you order your dish spicy hot, will they give you a hotter spicy dish than they would an american/european customer? my other coworker - who is not asian, but not completely european-american (she's argentinean) - ordered her pad thai spicy hot also. but you couldn't see those red spices like you could on my noodles. hers was actually not too hot at all. so did the waitress take note that since i was asian, i would be able to handle eating the hottest red peppers this side of the mississippi? who knows. but i know next time i go there, i'm getting the mild. i was in serious pain that day. but i was laughing my ass off later that day as i pictured what my face looked like as i was trying to tough it out and eat as much as i could. i was damn hungry.

it was nice being home thursday night and all friday. ran my damn errands and got my car tuned up. cost me an arm to get my rear brake pads replaced. but it's got to be done, right? then i indulged myself and got me some red highlights and a trim. i love getting my hair cut. my hairdresser and i just chitchat the whole time and catch up on the last 2 months of our lives. she just broke up with her bf of 4 1/2 years, and it wasn't pretty. i hope they work things out though. she's a nice girl. kinda ghetto, but we all can't be perfect, can we?

ooooo, i went to the coach outlet in michigan city today, with abby, her mom, and abby's cousin. can we say mad house?! women are just ridiculous for coach. i may have been one of them, but one woman walked out of there with 2 huge bags FILLED TO THE TOP with coach purses. as we were driving back from the outlet mall, i realized i should have bought all i could too. not for selfish reasons, but to sell on ebay and make a little extra moolah. i mean, that's probably where everyone on ebay gets their stuff. they buy it for real cheap and sell it on auction sites. damn. i coulda used that money too. they had a mad sale on clearance items, an extra 20% off. and everything was 20% off anyways, so if you found something cute on those empty clearance tables, you got yourself 40% off the factory price. i tried to remain good, and i did find a dope
ass purse from the mercer collection, but i also let myself buy a shoulder bag from the mercer collection too. damn. moment of weakness. but you can bet your sweet dresser drawer penny that i will be enjoying that bag till i'm old and gray. it's classic. and it was on clearance. that's my saving grace.

now i just can't shop anymore. damn mortgage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home