::*.blog.this.*::

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

.3.liters.of.water.a.day.

That’s how much water I need to drink each day, in order to be properly hydrated for training. I actually think I need to drink more. I think 3 liters is what I should drink if I were just working out regularly, but not necessarily training for the marathon. So I have my bucktown 5K 1 Liter bottle with me at work. I’m constantly drinking from it and have already drank over 700 mL this morning. I should just plan to drink 1 liter in the morning, 1 liter in the afternoon, then 1 liter at home. And don’t worry, I won’t develop hyponatremia. I’m sure I’ll get sick of this bland taste and mix it up with some crystal light lemonade. Mmm mmm good.

This week is week 11 out of 18 in my training. My weekend long runs haven’t been going too well, but that’s because I’m not resting and/or hydrating properly during the week. So I end up tired and slightly dehydrated during the weekend. This week, I’m planning on not going out as much, drinking a lot more water/crystal light, so I’ll be prepared for 16 miles this weekend…time to turn it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home