::*.blog.this.*::

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Thursday, August 14, 2003

.just.so.you.know.

i just wanted to make sure you know that i don't really like complaining. and just so you know (everybodylovesraymond), here's one of my happier stories of traveling...

last friday, my flight was at 2:44PM. i was so busy at work, that i didn't get to leave until around 12:45PM. the airport/hertz rental car is about 40 - 45 minutes away from work. but i hadn't eaten all day, so i had to stop by subway at the mall. so i get to hertz around 1:45PM, wait for the hertz bus to bus me and justin (his flight was at 3PM) back to the airport, so i didn't get the airport until a little after 2PM. i still thought i had some extra time, so i just took my time at the kiosk and also in security. now the american terminal is not very big (only 6 gates), so as me and justin were walking to the gate area, we hear this announcement, "final boarding for chicago flight #1404" i looked at justin and was like' that's not my flight,' as i took out my boarding pass. well, i guess it wouldn't be the first time that i was wrong, because it was my flight...i said bye to justin and sprinted to my gate, where there was no line, and the boarding pass checker (what are they called?) was standing there waiting for the stragglers like me. i stupidly said, 'are you guys early today?' she gave me a funny look and said, 'no, we're right on time...we start boarding 1/2 an hour before take off...' well, thank god for small favors...

hours to get home, from the minute i left onstar, to my condo? less than 4 hours. sweeeet.

now should i be happy that it was a nice travel day? or annoyed that it's not always like that?

oh well. it's not always bad...just the past month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home