::*.blog.this.*::

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Friday, August 30, 2002

.start.of.the.weekend.

as usual, i'm the only one here in the office. but that's by choice. i have some unfinished business to do - this condo stuff, credit card payments, car payments, etc. just putzing around. going to meet mariza after she flies in and then meet up with archie when he flies in too. so, i may be a loser, still at the office, but who cares? i don't really care what these work people think anyways - except for my original, immediate team.

ever find a friend who is so generous, you don't know how to pay him back? well, i have this one friend who just out-gives anyone i've ever met in my entire life. totally surprised me. i casually mentioned to this friend that me and mari are going to be in nyc and that we should try to hook up while we're there. here is the rest of the IM convo, (almost word for word):
friend: where are you staying?
me: we found out that neither of us have enough points to stay anywhere, so we're still trying to find a good deal on a hotel...
friend: what nights will you be there?
me: fri, 20th and sat, the 21st
friend: hey.. i can book two hotel nites for ya'll in nyc.
me: you can?, using your points?, you don't have to do that!, but thanks anyways!
friend: no probs... fri and sat, right?
me: wait wait - you don't have to!
friend: i've been living in a hotel for the past year and a half..
me: seriously, it's so nice of you, but you can use those poitns for yourself!
friend: hahaha... there's plenty more... so, fri and sat nite, right?
me: i would feel totally bad.....seriously, you dont' have to!
friend: don't worry about it... , let me set that up and i'll give u the info.
me: are you sure?, how many points do you have??
friend: i can't count that high
me: seriously, you don't have to....
some time passes
friend: done. (he IMed me the hotel info)

can you believe that?? i know some of you might be thinking that i didn't try hard enough or that he's expecting something *wink*wink* when we go there, but he won't even be in town! it turns out that he's flying his friend out to where his project is that weekend, so he probably won't even be there when we are! can you believe that? he did it like it was nothing! so selfless. anyone out there have a friend like that? absolutely amazing. so me and mari will have to think of a good present to send him. b gave me a good idea this afternoon, so we might have to do that. more details later.

another thing i realized today, again is that i really don't like this project. some people may make it better, but as soon as those people are gone or on vacation, the rest of the project just gets worse and worse. the atmosphere is just horrible. i'm going to try and get myself off this when i can. get me out now, please.

ok, mari's plane landed. i'm outtie. have a great weekend everyone! - i know next week is gonna be filled with surprises!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home