::*.blog.this.*::

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

.the.battle.

another new thing happened today. i saw my first movie by myself. yes, you read right. i finally did it. and it wasn't just going to see it alone. it was the-only-one-in-the-theater alone. that kind. and i loved it. absolutely loved it. of course, i was a little weary about being in that theater by myself for fear if someone were to walk inside and decide to slit my wrists or cut my throat, no one would be the wiser. but i told myself, 'if it's your time to go, then it's your time to go.' you're probably wondering why i didn't just wait for this movie to come out on dvd, instead of dropping 9 dollars. but i figured i go see it. spend my hard earned cash and think of it as a donation to the film industry. someone who still believes in 'the making of' stuff. see, i had watched the making of this movie, so i was interested in seeing the outcome. i guess i'm biased because each scene i watched, i remembered watching it being filmed. if i had watched this movie without seeing the behind the scenes takes, i wouldn't have been interested. lets face it, the movie was choppy, with laughable lines, at best. it really didn't flow as well as it could have. the storylines didn't come to life or make us care as much as it should have. but can you expect much else from 1st time directors who are still stuck in small-movie land? yes, i can bitch and moan about these 2, but that's my choice. i'm not saying that i'm better than them, but this is a free country isn't it?

in other news, the new H&M store is just what i expected. good cheapie clothes, that i'm sure i can wear to my new job. woohoo! i started going through my closet also, to make room and to get rid of clothes i haven't worn in a while. and i only collected a small pile. i think i have to go through it again, because i know i don't wear that tank top. or that button down shirt. and i have to remind myself that no, there will not be a time when i will wear that. otherwise, i will once again become the eternal packrat. is that a required trait of filipinos?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home