::*.blog.this.*::

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

.too.long.

well, it's been a long ass time since i blabbed about something. last time i wrote, i was in the comfort of my new condo and enjoying doing absolutely nothing. and now i'm in woodcliff lake, NJ in a hilton hotel room, trying to pass the time. turns out i got staffed a week and 1/2 ago, and will mostly likely be here for the next 2 weeks at least. it's not too bad out here. we're only 40 minutes outside of nyc (shopping shopping shopping!), and i earn hotel and airline miles! woohoo! what could be better? i think we are on actuals out here, but that's ok. i think i may have already gone over my per diem limit, if i do have a per diem limit. and i've been told that if things go well, i will be staffed out here for a while. that wouldn't be too bad. the people are ok. it's taking me a while to warm up to them. i think one of the reasons is because i'm in a room full of ibmers. and the stereotype that some people have of ibmers is mostly true in this room. but they're nice people. so it's all good. i just hope everything works out.

so since i've last written, lots of things have happened. i work at bmw and let me tell you how jealous it makes me to see these people driving nice ass cars for almost for free! and after 8 or 9 months, they can trade it in for another one. so for those of you who are looking for a new job, here's a thought. the next job you get, make sure you take into account the kinds of benefits you can get...and i'm not just talking about health benefits. if you can hook it up with a phat ride or a dope discount, then why not? go 'head wit your bad self. and milk it for all it's worth.

lets see...what else has happened? oh, i did finish the 5K. but not just leisurely walking. i was running . yes, your pretty little eyes read right. i ran the whole damn thing myself. but it wasn't just me. my friend (who also is my coworker), heather, willed me through the whole thing. she could have taken off and ran the best that she could, but she stayed back with me and talked me through it...gave me tips on what to concentrate on. a little encouragment. and somehow i made it. we all made it. 5K is easy for some people, but defo not me. i struggled. but i finished. and when it was over, i was proud of myself. i finally did something that i can be proud of. and it felt good.

then the next day, i was made one of the godmothers of sabrina (april's daughter). and then i was made prouder. i know that's not a word, but i was. very proud i was. yay me! harharhar.

then i came out to NJ. and let me just start off by saying that NJ is probably the worst state in the US to get lost in. you make one frickin wrong turn and it's over. you're set back 20 minutes at least. i almost missed my flight back home! but god was watching out for me, and somehow i made my flight. work out here is boring right now. and i don't see anyone working with urgency. they have a deadline at the end of this week, but i don't see anyone working late. is there something wrong here?? maybe that's just my jaded sense of working hard talking. maybe i'm just used to too many late night..working until midnight and later. 1 too many all nighters. but seriously, no one is working that hard to make this deadline. and i'm just a peon, so what can i say about it? nada.

and another good thing that's happened is that i found mary jill! she's my old high school friend, who i actually want to keep in touch with. but keeping in touch with her is like keeping track of a needle falling through a haystack. she seriously needs lessons. i just hope she contacts me if she moves or something happens to her. she moved out to hoboken about 2 years ago and works in the city. and somehow i found her on yahoo yellow pages. now i just have to keep track of her.

i can't believe october is almost over. time just flies. and now i'm traveling, just as jeff moved in. i feel bad for him. he's lonely in the condo. but this will just make me appreciate the condo and him more. i won't be back until late sunday night and then i take off again on monday morning....i feel lucky to have this kind of life. at least i get to experience it.

can't wait for vegas, baby, vegas!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home